Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baby Wipes from Santa

This is Evan's first real Christmas. He was too young in 2010. And jet-lagged in Hong Kong in 2011. But he's still thankfully not steeped in the commercial nature of things.

On Christmas morning he woke up and announced loudly to the world as he does every morning "Mamma, Daddy I is awake". I picked him up and took him to the living room where Jo was already up. Resting on the top of the couch was a new packet of baby wipes. In front of him under the Christmas tree and around it were piles of gift-wrapped bundles and boxes. And in front of all that was the wooden toy work bench that Jo and I had assembled the night before.

Jo said "Evan - look what Santa got you!". And Evan looked down at the packet of wipes and replied happily and excitedly "Santa got me new baby wipes!"

"No - over here" Jo pointed helpfully.

"Oh - Santa got me a work bench!"





No comments: