Saturday, December 01, 2012

Friday Funday

For two years Vivian did Friday Funday with Ms. Mary at Grace. It wasn't a real school day. Just an assortment of kids and Ms. Mary and a lot of fun. Friday quickly became Vivian's favorite day. We hoped that Evan would be in Ms. Mary's class upon our return from India but Ms. Mary and Grace had parted ways by then. So it was a piece of good news when we heard that Ms. Mary was going to be able to do Friday Funday after all. Yesterday was Evan's first.

I dropped him off at Ms. Mary's house and he didn't even look up from his toys to yell "Bye, Dad!" Then I went to pick him up a few hours later. And he started crying. And said that he wanted to stay at Ms. Mary's house. Which is crazy because Vivian would say exactly the same thing when we'd go to pick her up from Friday Funday at Grace when she was Evan's age. Except she didn't cry - or I don't recall that she did.

I had to pry Evan's hands off the chair and carry him crying and kicking to the car. It looked pretty suspicious. I tried to calm him down and we started driving back home. He sobbed great big sobs and said "Daddy - I want to go back to Ms. Mary house. Please!" It was pitiful. Then he fell into deep slumber.

 

Here's a picture from May 2011. It was Vivian's last day at Grace. Evan was playing in the playscape and Ms. Mary scooped him up. He's met her may be three more times in his life till yesterday.



No comments: