Yesterday we took the airport shuttle from Torshavn to Vagar airport. Before we got started Jo bought the kids some chocolate (we needed to finish our Faroese currency and we found that one can work through $200 in Faroese Krone amazingly quickly).
The kids settled into their now traditional place in the bus - the very last row. And started on their chocolate. After a while Even showed up looking slightly green and with chocolate dripping from his fingers.
"Evan - lick the chocolate off your fingers"
"Daddy - I can't!"
"Why not?"
"I'm sick of the chocolate"
"Did you finish it?"
"Yes - but it made me slightly sick"
"Why didn't you stop when you had enough?"
And Evan thought for a moment and said something substantial:
"The chocolate was controlling me"
The kids settled into their now traditional place in the bus - the very last row. And started on their chocolate. After a while Even showed up looking slightly green and with chocolate dripping from his fingers.
"Evan - lick the chocolate off your fingers"
"Daddy - I can't!"
"Why not?"
"I'm sick of the chocolate"
"Did you finish it?"
"Yes - but it made me slightly sick"
"Why didn't you stop when you had enough?"
And Evan thought for a moment and said something substantial:
"The chocolate was controlling me"

No comments:
Post a Comment