Saturday, August 02, 2014

Parc des Buttes Chaumont

One evening in Paris went to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont. Another brilliant idea from Jo. She showed Vivian where we needed to go. And Vivian looked it up in her metro map and figured out the combination of trains to take.

The park was certainly and definitely hilly. And there were suspension bridges and grottos and caves and waterfalls and creeks.  There was a sign to walk your bikes inside the park. It's a big park and every biker I saw was walking his or her bike.


It was a glorious evening and we hadn't taken a picnic with us. Everyone else had. So - after playing and then watching others stuff their faces we left for home where I grabbed kebabs to go from the Algerian grill three doors down from our apartment.

Before the kids went to bed I read them a few pages from Tintin - a bedtime ritual now. Vivian and Evan yell "billions of blistering barnacles" or "thundering typhoons" when they have the urge to curse. And Vivian talks about whiskey all the time. 

No comments: