Reshma sends me a raakhi every year in August. Now she sends two - one for me and one for Evan. Vivian is supposed to tie Evan's on his wrist. I gave Vivian the raakhi on Sunday morning (it's a week after the official Raakhi day this year but we were in Copenhagen that day and the raakhis were in Austin). Evan freaked. Vivian asked if she could have the raakhi instead. So I tied it on Vivian's wrist. Not much sibling cooperation around here.
"I'll give you more syrup when you finishing the syrup that's on your plate" said Jo.
"But I want more syrup first"
"Why? What's wrong with this syrup?"
"Ava dropped a waffle in it"
"And?"
"So I don't want it"
"But you are dipping waffles in your syrup. Did the waffle ruin the syrup?"
"It just did"
And he didn't budge. I wiped up the syrup with a piece of waffle and offered it to him. He sat there with pursed lips. I ate the waffle and then gave him fresh syrup. And then he was happy and jolly instantly. Jo said "this is what happens when you wake up at 530am. You are tired."

No comments:
Post a Comment