Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt

I just pulled an all-nighter at Reykjavik and it never got dark. I could have sat outside all night and read my book without requiring additional light. I knew that. But it's still weird as hell.

I didn't stay up see it not get dark. I'm trying to catch up before I am finally and permanently buried under a deluge of pending blog posts. So here's another one. At this rate I'll be reporting on Iceland in a few days

There's something nice about coming back to the same spot for a family vacation year after year.  I mean Rhode Island, not Iceland. There's a sense on continuity. But more importantly, there's seeing Michelle up her game each year in the now traditional and annual scavenger hunt.

Evan woke up, stumbled out of bed. Ran across the hall and jumped into bed with Jo and me. And said "Is it time for the Easter Egg Hunt yet?" Alu sat up the night before and plumbed into the depths of his Microsoft Visio expertise to produce the map. Michelle stowed away the treasures. The kids, in their pajamas, got their bags and maps and we set them loose.

After a massive hunt they returned with their bags full. Story books, joke books, coloring books, picture books, chocolates from Sweenor's, cracker jacks, gummy worms, glowing wands, lighted arm bands, a whole disco ball with colored lights, and more. 


Expectations will be higher for the next year!



No comments: