I found this place on Airbnb. It's outside Reykjavik the the edge of a nature preserve. It's a working horse farm with stables and all that but they must move the horses somewhere else during summer. The kids found this little hut at one end of the lot and cleaned it up and spent some time playing in and around it.
Evan: "We should get daddy to build us a house like this in our backyard. He's an engineer."
Vivian: "But daddy doesn't know how to build a house"
Jo: "You should ask Eleanor's dad - he's built a house before"
Evan: "I meant Nolan's dad. He is going to build Nolan a x-wing fighter"
Not far from the hut there's a hill that the kids run up. Here's a view from the top of the hill. Those are horses out there. One morning we tried to walk out to the lake. The path is littered with poop - we think geese poop. Evan freaked and threw a fit. Vivian made it to the lake. There is a little stream with ducks than runs from the lake by the front of the house.
The inside of the house is old fashioned farmhouse-chic. Except that there is so much stuff. If I could throw out nine out of every ten things I smash into my shins I would be a lot happier. There is this lovely glass room in the back that's better. We send the kids there to be loud and go there periodically ourselves.
Evan: "We should get daddy to build us a house like this in our backyard. He's an engineer."
Vivian: "But daddy doesn't know how to build a house"
Jo: "You should ask Eleanor's dad - he's built a house before"
Evan: "I meant Nolan's dad. He is going to build Nolan a x-wing fighter"
Not far from the hut there's a hill that the kids run up. Here's a view from the top of the hill. Those are horses out there. One morning we tried to walk out to the lake. The path is littered with poop - we think geese poop. Evan freaked and threw a fit. Vivian made it to the lake. There is a little stream with ducks than runs from the lake by the front of the house.
The inside of the house is old fashioned farmhouse-chic. Except that there is so much stuff. If I could throw out nine out of every ten things I smash into my shins I would be a lot happier. There is this lovely glass room in the back that's better. We send the kids there to be loud and go there periodically ourselves.






No comments:
Post a Comment