Brendan and I are soccer coaches for half a dozen five year olds and their assorted younger siblings. We meet every Wednesday in the park and kick a few balls around and have a good time. In fact it's unfair to call it soccer practice. It's really an excuse for the old class from Grace Garden to get together. Yesterday after practice one of the kids kicked a ball into the pond. Luckily there was someone fishing at the other end and he came over with his rod and reeled the ball back in.
Sometime earlier in the evening Evan had stood on a fire-ant anthill for a few moments and ended up with a few bites. He quickly forgot the bites and ran around the play scape till I had to run him down when it was time to take the kids back home. He kept saying "I step in anthill" and I had to suppress a laugh because it sounded so much like "I step in asshole".


No comments:
Post a Comment