Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Girl School

In a bit of an anticlimax yesterday was the long-awaited much-ballyhooed first day of Big Girl School. Vivian seemed a tad quieter than her usual self getting ready in the morning. It almost looked like she had her game face on. Evan didn't.


Jo dropped her off at her class. I was brimming with questions when I picked her up in the afternoon. But she seemed fairly noncommittal on most fronts. The only strong opinion she expressed was when I asked her if she had made friends. She said "There's this boy I really like...and these two know-it-alls that act like they are always right. But they aren't. They don't even know that stars explode." But she did approve of the two trips to the playground. 

On the other hand it was far more traumatic for Evan. When Vivian was getting ready in the morning and we said things like "eat your breakfast so you have energy to run around in school", and he said "me too". Or "don't forget your water bottle". "Me too". So he was heartbroken when we dropped Vivian off at school and drove back home with him. He cried all the way back. Now I understand why I ended up starting school so early.

No comments: