Alu and I have seen each other only on vacations since 1981 when I left home for Pilani. It's hard to believe that was 31 years ago. Because when we are back together it's like we are teenagers in Hyderabad.
My dad lost his younger brother last month - his last sibling. He was shocked and sad when I called him with the news though we had been expecting it. They hadn't seen each other in years. I can't imagine what that felt like. At the other end of the journey of life there's Evan and Vivian. They hug and jump and lay on each other innumerable times each day. This evening Evan was asleep when we drove to Brickleys for ice cream. Vivian had already walked to Brickleys with Michelle when Evan woke up in a car seat in a strange car in a strange town. First words out of his mouth? "Where is Vivi?"
Happy birthday to my favorite brother. May the next 50 be even more terrific. And I hope we get to share more of it with you.




No comments:
Post a Comment