For a long time nothing happens and then suddenly they grow up in days. Vivian walks over to Upper Crust and buys us breakfast. She makes omelettes and warms tortillas. The other day she made roast chicken for dinner and did everything from trimming the fat and preparing the whole chicken to deciding how much salt and spices to add. I put it in the oven and pulled it out. She even carved it. It was delicious.
For our overnight trip to visit Carol yesterday morning, Evan and Vivian loaded up the car. Jo looked at me, astonishment written all over her face and exclaimed "They are making themselves useful!" I'm glad they occasionally beat expectations because we've sure set them pretty low.
This photo is from the day of Evan's Destination Imagination competition in Cedar Park. On the way to brunch and beers afterwards with other parents, I gave Vivian's classmate a ride. Vivian and G sat in the back seat discussing 3rd grade crushes.
So they are growing up way too fast.
For our overnight trip to visit Carol yesterday morning, Evan and Vivian loaded up the car. Jo looked at me, astonishment written all over her face and exclaimed "They are making themselves useful!" I'm glad they occasionally beat expectations because we've sure set them pretty low.
This photo is from the day of Evan's Destination Imagination competition in Cedar Park. On the way to brunch and beers afterwards with other parents, I gave Vivian's classmate a ride. Vivian and G sat in the back seat discussing 3rd grade crushes.
So they are growing up way too fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment