Last Saturday morning Karen took Ava, Vivian and Evan for a run. This was the first day of training for a 5K that Ava will run sometime this Spring. They ran four loops on the 400 yard track at Lamar. Karen texted us this photo at the end of the fourth loop. Apparently Evan did well and Vivian has scope for improvement. Evan came back and said "I am a good runner. I ran faster than Vivian and Ava and sometimes I can even beating Karen." I gently tried to explain that Karen was taking it easy and that compared to the 4 loops he ran, when she runs a marathon, it would be over a hundred loops. I think he finished with a 12:39 mile time.
ps. The next week Jo email to let me know that Evan improved his time to 11:33 and Vivian is ready to quit this running thing. I'd say Evan is taking after his Uncle Alu while Vivian is following in the saner footsteps of her mom and dad.
Vivian looks like me after a workout at TCS.
ps. The next week Jo email to let me know that Evan improved his time to 11:33 and Vivian is ready to quit this running thing. I'd say Evan is taking after his Uncle Alu while Vivian is following in the saner footsteps of her mom and dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment