Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lariat Ridge

I have not been to Canyon Lake since Christmas though we had traveled to Colorado and Hawaii with Carol in January and February. On Sunday, a few hours after after dropping Alu and Michelle off at Bergstrom airport at the wrong side of the crack of dawn, we drove over to see Grandma.

All Sunday and Monday the kids and their cousins played in the pool, sunned on the deck, watched Phineas and Ferb, climbed all over the aging playscape, swung in the hammock, and played Pokémon with Grandma.


I set the tent up a few feet from the house. We crawled into it after dark while everyone else was off in New Braunfels watching a movie. I read for a while and then we fell asleep marveling the clear starlight sky. The night was cool and Vivian, Evan and Cade snuggled into their sleeping bags and slept tight. Camping made easy.

No comments: