We took a walk on the wild side on Monday morning. After breakfast at Sweetie's we drove to the trail head below Canyon Lake dam and walked along the Guadalupe for a bit. The kids walked Kirby, Tory and Sadie, fished around for moss, floated bark boats, clambered up trees, and swung on vines.
I studied Vivian and Evan as they climbed a tree. Here's the blow by blow. First Evan called that he was second, right after Cade. Vivian tried to muscle in after Cade. I gently pointed out to her that Evan had been patiently waiting, and the tree would surely wait for Evan to finish so she could get her turn. Evan clambered up a few steps, just past where Cade had climbed to, so he had bragging rights. He slid back down and announced in a Donaldesque voice: "I'm the best climber here" - as Vivian strode past the point he had climbed to and kept going way past because she is a pretty good climber.
As soon as Vivian had finished. Evan jumped back on and went up further, almost up to where Vivian had gone. He was slightly anxious, but Vivian had shown him the way, and now he had to do it.
And thus Vivian constantly and unknowingly pushes Evan to do more.
I studied Vivian and Evan as they climbed a tree. Here's the blow by blow. First Evan called that he was second, right after Cade. Vivian tried to muscle in after Cade. I gently pointed out to her that Evan had been patiently waiting, and the tree would surely wait for Evan to finish so she could get her turn. Evan clambered up a few steps, just past where Cade had climbed to, so he had bragging rights. He slid back down and announced in a Donaldesque voice: "I'm the best climber here" - as Vivian strode past the point he had climbed to and kept going way past because she is a pretty good climber.
As soon as Vivian had finished. Evan jumped back on and went up further, almost up to where Vivian had gone. He was slightly anxious, but Vivian had shown him the way, and now he had to do it.
And thus Vivian constantly and unknowingly pushes Evan to do more.




No comments:
Post a Comment