Last night we set the alarm for 4:15am. When it went off this morning I felt like shit. Vivian didn't budge. Grandma and Evan were in surprisingly good humor (unusual for either one at any hour really). Here he is - chilling out with "I like to move it". By the time we got to Albuquerque airport, Vivian was warming up and Evan was a complete tool. Somehow we did make it back to Austin and in time for lunch at China Cafe.
After a short nap Vivian and I got down to work. She has to give a presentation to her class tomorrow. It's short - only 2 minutes long. It's about stars. And she hasn't tried to go through the whole thing once as yet. I could tell that Jo was beginning to worry.
It's beautiful in Austin. We ate dinner outside on the deck with candles on the table. Then Jo invited Ava over for birthday cake. She had missed Vivian's party because she was "barfing buckets" that morning according to reliable sources. And we were traveling on the actual day of Vivian's birthday (yesterday) and hadn't done anything special.
After dinner Vivian did a dress rehearsal of her presentation for Ava and Karen and Tim and us. Evan bobbed a balloon in front of her and tried to distract her while she told us about the Horse Head nebula and Alpha Centauri and nuclear reactions and super novas and white dwarfs and black holes with a familiarity that faked an understanding. Even I was impressed.
After a short nap Vivian and I got down to work. She has to give a presentation to her class tomorrow. It's short - only 2 minutes long. It's about stars. And she hasn't tried to go through the whole thing once as yet. I could tell that Jo was beginning to worry.
It's beautiful in Austin. We ate dinner outside on the deck with candles on the table. Then Jo invited Ava over for birthday cake. She had missed Vivian's party because she was "barfing buckets" that morning according to reliable sources. And we were traveling on the actual day of Vivian's birthday (yesterday) and hadn't done anything special.
After dinner Vivian did a dress rehearsal of her presentation for Ava and Karen and Tim and us. Evan bobbed a balloon in front of her and tried to distract her while she told us about the Horse Head nebula and Alpha Centauri and nuclear reactions and super novas and white dwarfs and black holes with a familiarity that faked an understanding. Even I was impressed.



No comments:
Post a Comment