Taos is phenomenal. It hadn't snowed in over a week when we arrived. Day temperatures were in the 50's. And the snow was still as light and dry as corn flour. They said it would be crowded but it wasn't. That is Kachina Peak at 12,450 feet. The lift stopped about 1000 ft short of the peak. Serious skiers hiked up to the peak. I heard that a new lift will go all the way to the top next year. I think I'm going to wait for that.
They also have one of the best junior ski schools in the country. We dropped the kids off at about 9am. At 2:30pm when I went to get her, Vivian said that she felt ready for her first try at the ski lift. And then proceeded to ski by herself till closing ("Daddy - can you please ride in a different chair and let me get on the lift by myself"). It was a children's lift - but still.
By the second day she had graduated to "Strawberry" - the hill for adult beginners. And Evan was skiing down the first hill with a bit of help. Amazing because they learn so fast. And they love it. I dare say I see a few more ski trips in our future.
Jo has some video. I'll post that soon. Till then here are a few stills.
They also have one of the best junior ski schools in the country. We dropped the kids off at about 9am. At 2:30pm when I went to get her, Vivian said that she felt ready for her first try at the ski lift. And then proceeded to ski by herself till closing ("Daddy - can you please ride in a different chair and let me get on the lift by myself"). It was a children's lift - but still.
By the second day she had graduated to "Strawberry" - the hill for adult beginners. And Evan was skiing down the first hill with a bit of help. Amazing because they learn so fast. And they love it. I dare say I see a few more ski trips in our future.
Jo has some video. I'll post that soon. Till then here are a few stills.




No comments:
Post a Comment