Jo went from never ever having baked a cake to making one memorable birthday cake. Five layers of chocolate cake. Chocolate butter cream filling. Dark chocolate ganache. For Vivian's seventh birthday on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
We are fighting over the remaining scraps now. Unfortunately for Jo and not so unfortunately for us, she could only taste a very tiny bit because there's so much egg in the cake. In the final analysis, Vivian thought it was "too chocolatey" ("can you use vanilla icing the next time, Mom?"), Evan just kept his head down and ate, and I would rate it as the best cake I've tasted since the groom's cake at a certain wedding almost 10 years ago.
We are fighting over the remaining scraps now. Unfortunately for Jo and not so unfortunately for us, she could only taste a very tiny bit because there's so much egg in the cake. In the final analysis, Vivian thought it was "too chocolatey" ("can you use vanilla icing the next time, Mom?"), Evan just kept his head down and ate, and I would rate it as the best cake I've tasted since the groom's cake at a certain wedding almost 10 years ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment