Friday, June 27, 2014

Doing Nothing

Vivian and Evan - when you grow up you may wonder what your dad did. So back in September 2012 soon after Grandpa started living with us and I had a particularly hectic day I blogged my day with 10-minute updates. Since Grandpa died, I've gotten far better at doing nothing. Here a sample - this is what I did on Tuesday.

06:30: Alarm. Wake up alone. Everyone else is at Grandma's. Roll back into bed till 7:00
07:30: At Travis County Strength (gym)
08:35: Back home for a quick shower
09:05: Laying on the massage table for an Ashiatsu massage
11:00: At Fado Irish Bar for Uruguay - Italy game with Gordon. Mmmm Guinness
12:35: Suarez bites Chiellini
13:00 Depart Fado and start running errands that I should have done yesterday
14:00 Home - hello kids. Time for a nap. Long day.
16:30 Meet George and Guy for beer
19:00 Michelle interrupts beer with a text from the airport
19:30 Austin Bergstrom Airport to pick up Michelle and Nicolle
18:30 Evan and Vivian join me for an unplanned drive to Grandma's
21:15 Arrive at Canyon Lake. Nicolle and Michelle reunited with their children
22:45 Sitting in construction traffic on I-35 for 30 minutes. Vivian still wide awake
23:30 Back in Austin, carry kids to bed
02:00 Put "Altered Carbon" down
02:01 Fall into deep sleep immediately while still smelling faintly of mint and eucalyptus

No comments: