Some time back I noticed that I had dropped the "neighbor" when writing about Ava. She's been away at day camp. It seems like she leaves home at the crack of dawn and doesn't get back till after midnight - we hardly see her. I think it has bothered me more than my kids. Vivian and Evan finally got to hang with her on Saturday night and then again for her big sixth birthday party at the park on Sunday morning.
It's hard to believe that you travelled nine thousands miles to become a part of our little group on this block of Austin. Here's a photo from your first birthday.
The other day over dinner we let it slip that you might not live next door to us for the rest of your life ("Yes, they may move someday") and Vivian cried in her bowl of nabeyaki udon.
Happy Birthday. I love you Ava (but I couldn't tell you at your party because Mexico was playing the Netherlands).
It's hard to believe that you travelled nine thousands miles to become a part of our little group on this block of Austin. Here's a photo from your first birthday.
The other day over dinner we let it slip that you might not live next door to us for the rest of your life ("Yes, they may move someday") and Vivian cried in her bowl of nabeyaki udon.
Happy Birthday. I love you Ava (but I couldn't tell you at your party because Mexico was playing the Netherlands).

No comments:
Post a Comment