Thursday, June 26, 2014

Moral Decay

This morning Eric and I went to my neighborhood sports bar to watch the US play Germany. When we walked in there was a 3 hour wait to get seated. The bar was completely hidden from view by four successive walls of humanity so I assumed it would take even longer to get a drink. But then I caught the eye of a waiter who had served me the day before. Some waiters like to touch their customers - a pat on the arm or a tap on your shoulder. He's one of them. In the course of a minute we had drinks in our hands and his hands occasionally on us. For the remainder of the game we never had to wait for a drink. I left him a good tip.

On the way home I told Eric that I did what I had to for the sake of getting a drink. We laughed. Then Jo read the trending story of Ann Coulter and the World Cup. The popularity of soccer in America is a sign on moral decay.

I feel like she must have been watching me this morning. Game over, America.

No comments: