Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zilker Morning

On Sunday Jo went to a meeting for the day. Six hours with mothers of students from Vivian's school (there may have been a father too). The kids and I started the morning with a box of Legos and a bowl of grapes at a park bench in Zilker. I played a pick-up game of soccer. They watched and ate breakfast and played with Legos.

I had to finished prematurely when Evan needed to poop. We walked across the soccer fields to Barton Springs pool and visited the facilities there. Then we took a train ride on the Zilker Zephyr, ate cotton candy, and played in the playground, finishing the morning with lunch at the noodle bar at Whole Foods. By the time Jo came back we were showered and napping off our sugar crash.


We ended the day with a lovely dinner at the McGregors. Tim, Travis and I got to see the USA-Portugal game (and undoubtedly further weaken the moral fiber of the country) while Gordon cooked up a storm at the grill. The kids played. The ladies chatted. And when we left for home the first stars were blinking into the summer solstice night sky. 

No comments: