This year we had a bigger than usual stake in the Magellan Field Day. Jo was chief organizer. She has labored over it for endless weeks and spent many a night sitting up redrawing plans and agonizing over details. And ignoring us.
On Thursday evening we met Simran for dinner at China Cafe. After that we drove up to the Murchison Elementary School grounds where the field day was to take place the next morning. Here is a photo of Evan running through one to two giant tents that had been set up. The next morning Jo left early. I dropped Evan off at the Shahs for safekeeping while Vivian and I made our way to Field Day. It was a riot of color and music and games and fun. When 'Jai Ho' played on the mix tape, Vivian led Grace, Bridgette and Jo in an impromptu Bollywood dance sequence.
On Thursday evening we met Simran for dinner at China Cafe. After that we drove up to the Murchison Elementary School grounds where the field day was to take place the next morning. Here is a photo of Evan running through one to two giant tents that had been set up. The next morning Jo left early. I dropped Evan off at the Shahs for safekeeping while Vivian and I made our way to Field Day. It was a riot of color and music and games and fun. When 'Jai Ho' played on the mix tape, Vivian led Grace, Bridgette and Jo in an impromptu Bollywood dance sequence.
The kids - over 360 of them - somehow managed to array themselves on the bleachers for a school-wide group photo. You can see the whole panorama and a close up of Vivian's section above. After the sports events and lunch, Vivian and her friends performed on their drums. They were well received. Somewhat surprisingly.
Jo and the volunteer team did an amazing job. Now I hope we see more of her at home :-)
In a fitting reminder of how long the road ahead is, I went to Sam Croley's high school graduation lunch after Field Day. If you were at Jo and my wedding, my groom's cake was baked by Sam's mother. Congratulations, Sam. Should have gotten started sooner, Arun.




1 comment:
The days pass, whether we like it or not. :o)
Post a Comment