Sunday, June 01, 2014

Volunteering

Jo has been volunteering rabidly. At AFSAA (the artist formerly known as "Saheli") as the head of their board and at Magellan to help organize Field Day. Our children who are used to both Jo and I being at their beck and call every moment are discombobulated. They wander around like lost puppies when Jo is at one of her many meetings.  But last week they got to go to the Mayor's office to see Linda, the executive director extraordinaire of AFSAA, be recognized for her recent nomination to a White House panel. Here's Vivian holding up a sign outside City Hall while Jo and I packed the car with rental furniture from the event.


And this is what a thousand bucks in one dollar bills looks like. It's surprisingly heavy. Jo says it's for t-shirts for Field Day. I think the Magellan moms are stripping or selling crack. As long  as it's for a worthy cause who am I to moralize....

No comments: