It's safe to say that if I was a frog my tadpole years were spent in the pool at the Secunderabad Club. Swimming, playing, rough housing, eating chicken sandwiches, slurping mango softies (soft serves) and having a great time with by brother and friends. With no parents in sight.
I can't recreate that environment for Vivian and Evan in Austin. But we'll have a go at the Ramsey pool this summer. After a slow start with a shortage of lifeguards and over and under chlorination, it's finally off and running. We spent a few hours there on Wednesday afternoon. Evan and Vivian met friends in abundance, ate snacks, and played with the pool toys. And stayed in the water till they were in danger of sprouting webbed feet.
Somewhere in there Evan asked where the water came from and I gave him the short version of Pool Filtration 101 with a quick glance inside the filter room.
Now to wean him off that floaty.
I can't recreate that environment for Vivian and Evan in Austin. But we'll have a go at the Ramsey pool this summer. After a slow start with a shortage of lifeguards and over and under chlorination, it's finally off and running. We spent a few hours there on Wednesday afternoon. Evan and Vivian met friends in abundance, ate snacks, and played with the pool toys. And stayed in the water till they were in danger of sprouting webbed feet.
Somewhere in there Evan asked where the water came from and I gave him the short version of Pool Filtration 101 with a quick glance inside the filter room.
Now to wean him off that floaty.

No comments:
Post a Comment